Hoops & Clovers: 4-H Night with the HornetsJan 6th, 2012 | By William Dilella | Category: Sports
The New Orleans Hornets basketball team will host Hoops & Clovers: 4-H Night with the Hornets. This is a great opportunity for 4-H Club members and their families to attend a professional basketball game featuring the New Orleans Hornets versus the Chicago Bulls. The game will be played at the New Orleans Arena on Friday, Feb. 10, 2012, starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased through the St. Bernard Parish 4-H Office.
For more information and questions, you may contact Wayne Burgess at 504.908.9709 or Lauren Faust at 504.908.9711. The deadline for ordering tickets is Jan. 24, 2012.
Special 4-H Events
at the Hornets Game:
• 4-H Club members may submit their names on the ticket order form for random drawings to participate in the following Hornets Game programs. If you are selected, you will receive notification by letter with special instructions with your ticket.
• High 5 Team – 4-H members can High 5 the Hornets players as they are introduced on the court.
• Tunnel Group – 4-H members can High 5 players from each team as they run through the tunnel to the court.
• Hornets Player Photo – 4-H members can take a group photo with one of the Hornets players.
• Honey Bee Photo – 4-H members can take a group photo with the Honey Bees.
• Basketball Buddies – 4-H members stand in front of the Hornets team during the National Anthem.
• Baseline Bees – 4-H members can watch the Hornets team warm up from court-side.
• Half-Time Presentation – 4-H members can be on the court during the 4-H Half-Time presentation.
• Captains Program – One 4-H member will be selected to act as an honorary captain and present the game ball for the game. To enter the contest, you must submit an essay of 150 words or less on the topic of: “4-H: Why do I Belong” along with your ticket order by January 13, 2012.
• Ball Boy/Girl – 4-H members must be 13 years of age by Jan. 1, 2012. You can have the opportunity to sit on the bench with the team for the game. To enter the contest, you must submit an essay of 150 words or less on the topic of: “Being a Good Citizen through Community Service” along with your ticket order by January 13, 2012.
• Court of Dreams Game – Several 4-H members from the Metro New Orleans area will be selected to play basketball games on the Hornets court prior to the game. Parents will need to bring 4-H members to the New Orleans Arena by 2 p.m. on Feb, 10, 2012, in order to participate. Parents may stay and watch the games. Once the games are finished about 4:30 p.m. participants will need to exit the arena until the doors open at 6 p.m.
• National Anthem – One 4-H Member will be selected to sing the National Anthem at the start of the game. To enter you must submit an audio or video tape by January 13, 2012.